for Christmas SEO
By Daclaud Lee, Project Manager / SEO Consultant at Archmore Business Web
You've done it! You've followed our SEO best practices and your site is now ranking on page one. Now we're going to help you get even more visitors by optimizing for Christmas SEO. You want to get your website ranked as high as you can before Santa Claus comes to town! Follow these tips and optimize your website for Christmas, so you can capture all the holiday shoppers!
The essence of SEO is keyword research and mapping customer journeys. With the festive season upon us, we've put together a useful guide for you to walk through the process of seeding Christmas-related terms and how to use this information for your marketing campaign.
Christmas Keyword Research
Now that you have a good understanding of the basics of SEO (in particular SEO for Christmas), it's time to dive into some more advanced SEO topics. Keyword research is one of the most important things you should be doing if you want to get your website ranked in search engines. The best Christmas keywords can help your website rank high in search engines, and they can also help you understand what people are searching for on Google, Bing and other search engines.
Keywords for Christmas are words or phrases that people type into search engines like Google when they're looking for something specific on the internet. For example: if someone searches for "holiday gift ideas", this tells us there's a demand for information about gift ideas for the holidays among consumers in general (and perhaps specifically those who are interested in buying gifts for friends and family during the holidays). This would make 'holiday gift ideas 2023' a perfect keyword to target if you have an eCommerce store selling general merchandise that would be great gift ideas for Christmas!
What Kind of Keywords Are Related to Christmas?
There are obviously many keywords you can rank for. The most generic of these keywords are realistically going to be extremely difficult to rank on position 1 for, but it won't hurt to try. You never know if or when the algorithms will favor your content, and sometimes a fluke may happen to Google's algorithms and you may end up ranking on position 1 on page 1 unintentionally.
I will not sugar coat this to get your hopes up, but your odds of ranking for keywords like "Best Christmas Gift Ideas" are slim to none if your website is not a mainstream media publication with tens of thousands of visitors per day. If you are reading this and you have a website like Amazon, Walmart, or a media website like HGTV or Fox News, then it your odds of ranking for certain keywords are extremely likely. However, if you're a blogger with no pre-existing traffic, then you may be fighting a losing battle getting ranked for more mainstream keywords such as the ones below.
- Christmas Gifts for Him / Her
- Best Gifts for Mom / Dad
- Best Gifts for Girlfriend / Boyfriend
- Best Gifts for Brother / Sister
- Holiday Gift Ideas
- Stocking Stuffers
- Christmas Tech Gifts
- Christmas Craft Gifts
Find Keywords That Fit Your Niche
The essence of SEO is keyword research and mapping customer journeys. With the festive season upon us, we've put together a useful guide for you to walk through the process of seeding Christmas-related terms and how to use this information for your marketing campaign. Niche keywords can be long tailed keywords or keywords that are unpopular.
For example, if you are a scented candle maker, then you will probably want to optimize for some holiday themed scents such as "fresh pine scented candles", "candy cane scented candle", or "eggnog scented candle" since all of these scents are related to Christmas.
Use Google Trends To Find Your Niche Keywords
One of the best ways to get an idea of what people are searching for is to visit Google Trends and type in a keyword related to your niche. You will see a list of topics related to that keyword, provide you with many keywords ideas to choose from. This will show you the interest over time of each topic. You can use this data to find excellent keywords for your niche. For example, if you go to the trends page and enter "Best Perfumes For Women", you will see a ton of ideas for new niche keywords.
Pay Per Click As an Alternative to SEO
If you insist on getting ranked for more mainstream Christmas-related keywords and your website is not as famous as the big players, then you can try pay per click marketing. For Pay Per Click, you can bid on these popular keywords. If you are willing to pay the price, then you will be displayed at the top of Google's search results.
Make a List and Check it Twice!
In order to benefit from SEO, you will need to do what Santa Claus does; make a list and check it twice!
- Do you have the right content for Christmas? In order to rank well for Christmas, then make sure you have the right content that fits the holiday. General information won't cut it, you need to write your content specifically for the holiday.
- Do you have your pages indexed? If you want to avoid an SEO nightmare before Christmas, then make sure your new pages are indexed. You wouldn't want all your hard work to be for nothing.
- Is your keyword too competitive? Make sure that you select a keyword that your website can reasonably rank for. If you are trying to rank for a highly competitive keyword, then it's best to start as early as possible to even stand a chance.
- Are your pages optimized for keywords? Make sure your content includes the keyword you want to rank for. If not, then there is probably no way you will rank. Just make sure you don't make any Black Hat SEO mistakes by over optimizing (keyword stuffing).
- Do you have your meta titles and descriptions filled out? While this is not a direct ranking factor, it could theoretically effect your click through rate. If your Meta title has nothing to do with what people are searching for, then they may not click on your page.
- Is your contact or order form working? The last thing you want is for a customer to have all their items in the shopping cart, only to have it not work. The same goes for a contact form. Make sure they both work!
- Is your payment processor working? Just about as bad as a contact form or shopping cart not working, if your payment processor doesn't work, then you seriously have a problem! Make sure it works so you can get paid!
- Do you have the appropriate inventory? You don't want to disappoint all the good kids this year! Make sure you have enough inventory to send out. You don't want to have to deal with customer complaints because of inventory shortages.
- Did you start your Christmas SEO early? Last minute SEO is worse than last minute shopping! In order to get your keywords ranked in the search engines, you will have to start your Christmas SEO early. If you can start in January, then do it, otherwise if you are reading this in the middle of December, then you are late to the game!
Can Your Website Deliver?
Website deliverability is the ability to reach your audience. This means that you need to make sure your emails are being delivered and read by the recipients, as well as opened and clicked on. In addition, deliverability can be measured by how much value exists between sending an email and having it acted upon by the recipient.
Email deliverability refers to the rate at which an email reaches its intended inbox (i.e., not being flagged as spam). The goal of all marketers should be 100% inbox delivery for their emails because if they don't get delivered in someone's inbox then those messages will never reach their target audience!
How to Start Your Christmas SEO Content
It’s never too early to start planning for Christmas SEO content. You should begin thinking about your Christmas SEO strategy in August, as this can help you to plan better and save time later on.
Start writing your Christmas SEO content in September as this gives you enough time to create a calendar of blog posts and make sure they are optimized before publishing them. Remember, that you will never rank a website with thin content. This is why we recommend writing as much as you can! We also recommend setting up social media engagement strategies so that all of your followers will see the same message being shared across multiple channels — it's much easier than trying to manage different social media accounts yourself!
It's Never Too Early To Start Optimizing Christmas!
Every business, no matter its size or industry, can benefit from SEO for the Christmas season. This year, start planning now!
Start your Christmas content. If you haven't started writing your blog posts yet, get a head start by giving yourself time to plan them in advance. You'll have plenty of time before November rolls around.
Check your site speed. Google Chrome has a simple tool that allows you to audit your site's performance on mobile devices and desktop computers (it's located under "Speed" in the left-hand menu options). Optimizing for speed is crucial if you want people who've never heard of you before to stick around long enough so they can learn more about what it is that makes your company special - especially during this busy shopping season when there are so many other sites competing for their attention.
Do keyword research: Keyword research helps tell us what search terms users use most often when looking for information or products related to our industry/niche/services; which means these words need adding into any content we create now through December 24th (or whenever), so we're ranking higher against competitors' websites once holiday shoppers start searching online again after Black Friday weekend ends.* Deliverability: If deliverability doesn't sound like something worth worrying about right now then consider this: every piece of email sent should be opened at least once before being deleted by recipients—and even then it might still get read!
Getting your website ready for Christmas is a great way to get ahead of the competition and start generating more sales. If you’re looking to improve your SEO this year, we hope our tips have helped! If you need help with your SEO strategy, then make sure to contact us now! Our SEO professionals can help you get your website optimized for Christmas and beyone!
By Daclaud Lee, Project Manager and SEO Consultant at Archmore Business Web.
Daclaud is an award winning SEO and digital marketing consultant. He has a Bachelor of Science in Digital Marketing and has been practicing SEO, web development and social media advertising since 2009. On top of that, he used to own a restaurant, so he knows the industry very well.
Let Us Help You Optimize Your Website for Christmas!
Call now: 614-568-7500
Book a call with Mike Forrest, CEO of Archmore Business Web